Sunday, December 21, 2008

My Made From Scratch Pizza

I made this pizza from whole wheat but you can use regular bread flour if you like. I do on occasion. I also make the dough for the crust in my bread machine. Here are the ingredients for the dough for the machine to be put inside in this order:
6oz of water (80-90 degrees)
1 tbs veg oil
2 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp active dry yeast or 1 1/2 tsp of bread machine/fast rise yeast
(optional)Seasonings (oregano, basil, onion, garlic powder)

This recipe will make (2) 12 inch pizzas.

After the dough was made I kneaded it for a minutes and let it rise a few times. You can omit this step if you like. Here is a pic of the dough after it rose and I flattened it and cut it in half.
Roll out the dough with a rolling pin and put it on the pans.


Then add all your toppings.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until crust is brown.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment