Sunday, December 21, 2008

Better-than-Applebees Chicken and Broccoli Pasta Alfredo





I made this for my family and it was so good that they asked for an encore the next day!

Now thats saying something. Heres how to do it:

To make the alfredo:
4 tsp butter
4 tbs flour
1 cup chicken broth - this time I used beef cuz I didnt have chicken
1 cup half and half
1 cup Parmesan or whatever white cheese
minced garlic
Italian seasoning
salt and pepper

Melt butter in pot then add the flour and mix till smooth. Next add in the half and half and broth and stir. Then add the cheese, garlic, salt, pepper,and Italian seasoning and keep stirring until its smooth and creamy. Season to your taste. Pour over noodles of your choice. I used Fettichini.

I steamed the broccoli al dente then add it to the noodles.

Then I pan fried the chicken breasts on a griddle with olive oil and a little balsamic vinegar added to it. Cut it up into bite size pieces and add it to the noodles and broccoli.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment