Monday, April 9, 2012

Stuffed Apple Pie







I saw this on FB and I KNEW I had to make it!!! I was feening for it so bad that I even went back and revisited the page a few times just to imagine how good it would taste. Well they tasted BETTER than I imagined!!!

Ok so I bought 7 apples and cored them all with a knife and a spoon taking care not to poke a hole in the apple skin.









After I cored all the apples I cut the apples up into small pieces and put them in a pan. I added over a half a stick of butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and over a half a bag of light brown sugar. I only wanted to melt the butter and mix all the spices together, not cook the apples. I added the ingredients to my sweet tooths taste. Afterward I just filled all the apples with the apple dices and spices.



I make all my crusts from scratch. I used 1 1/2 Cups unbleached flour, 3/4 cups of butter soft, so I can mash it into the flour, 3 packed tablespoons of light brown sugar, and 1/2 cup of ice cold water. This is what it looked like after I mixed all that and rolled them it out and started slicing the strips and top coat for the apple tops.













This was the complicated part. Making those lattices. That was tedious. But once I finished it was purdy! The apple itself was similar to an actual pie crust because it was kind of crunchy and the crust...OMG the crust was so SWEET! All the juices from the spices, mixed with the crisp apple "crust" and the crust I prepared myself all made for a very tasty treat.





1 comment:

  1. I am sooo going to try this. It looks delish!

    http://doingmemindbodyandspirit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete