Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sweet Georgia Brown by Cheryl Robinson



I read this book a week or so ago and it was......ok at best.


The synopsis of this book is about a woman who stands by her man, who wants to go into stand up comedy. They start out dirt poor and living with his parents along with their 2 boys. I dont want to give the story away if you decide to read it but the story line was just too predictable and for some reason I didnt like the main character even though she was a lovable person. I saw her as a weak woman.


I always make it a point to read 50 pages into a book and if its ok keep going, but if its boring me to tears I put it down.

The beginning was pretty good, but as it went along the story went down hill. It has over 300 pages in it but by page 150 I was already not feeling it. Since I had already invested that much in the book I made myself finish it. I would not suggest this book to anyone. I give it 2 out of 5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment