Thursday, December 18, 2008

Vaseline on hair - from no-no to yes-yes!

I sat remembering back in the day when Mama used to do my hair and what she put on it.

During our "doing hair" sessions she had only 4 things: a comb, a brush, a cup of water to dip the brush in, and Vaseline. My hair was healthy and it grew pretty long too.

Now petroleum has been made to be the boogey man of all haircare products but I decided to try this thing out to see if my hair and my daughters hair would go into reject mode.

I started with my daughter. I washed her hair and put it up in braids to dry. I put Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Cream and then I applied Vaseline.



2 days later I took the braids down and her hair was soooooo soft!!!!! I was amazed. I re-did her hair only this time I put twists in. I put more QB Burdock Root and more Vaseline in her hair.
The next day went I went do her hair...it was like butter! Very soft and VERY moisturized?


I say its a yes-yes, not a no-no!

Ok, since it worked so good with her, I decided to try it on my own hair. I used the same products and my hair felt the same way- soft and buttery.


Guess what?

As for me and mine, we will be using Vaseline from now on!

4 comments:

  1. vaseline is not the enemy you have to do what works for you. i would give up heat b4 vaseline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like most of "us", I had long pretty hair as a child (until the jheri curl - but don't tell no body that LOL). I remember the ONLY thing my mother used on my hair was vaseline, water, and a hairbrush with a stocking covering the bristles....those were the good 'ole (hair) days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool - i think vaseline can be the ultimate sealant. At least her hair had water, and another moisturizer beforehand! Its suprising how good our hair feels when we go back to basics. ..

    ReplyDelete