Monday, December 22, 2008

Desire feeds the will

Have you ever wanted to do something or change something in your life but after many attempts it still hasnt happened for you?


This has definatly been the case for me.


The yard stick for success in any venture is the amount of desire you have for whatever it is you want. If your level of desire is low, so is your chance of success.


For example, I have a desire to rise early every single morning to get a jump start on my day. I really do want to do it, but I am having a very hard time accomplishing this goal. I have been trying to do this for yearssssssssssss and it hasnt happened yet. I want it, but how bad do I REALLY want it? If it was something that was deeply desired I would do all in my power to do it but.....I enjoy sleeping in so.......I dont get up extra early.


On the flipside, one day back in 2002 I decided I was tired of being dead flat broke. I got my 7 month pregnant self up and took my 1 year old with me to the Technical College in my town, and I sat in the admissions office until I found something I could go to school for in a short amount of time and make decent money in. Surgical Technology called my name and I signed up. Long story short, 2 years later I was a scrub tech in an outpatient surgery center. I was DETERMINED that I was gonna change my life and NOTHING was going to stop me. I had a very very high level of desire to make a change in my life and it happened. It happened, not by chance or luck but because my strong desire fed my will to help make life better for me and my family.

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely true. Thanks for sharing this. It is very inspirational. Where there is a will, there is a way!
    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. This motivated me! I need to take my 3.5 month pregnant self and my 15 month old somewhere and figure it out. I think I used having a little one and now being pregnant as an excuse not to focus on the betterment of myself. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete