Monday, April 15, 2013

Help! My Child Is A Picky Eater!

I know a lot of parents struggle trying to feed their young children their daily recommended servings of fruits and veggies. Its hard ya know, when your 2 year old refuses to eat those steamed broccoli florets and those banana slices you put in front of them and I aint even gonna talk about the rice and beans and fish you put on that dinner plate.

They are definatly NOT feeling that. So what do you do?

I have 4 children. The youngest is 3 and the oldest is 12 and all of them eat their fruits, veggies, and whatever else I put in front of them. They are even to the point now where they request salads and veggies in place of  fries whenever we go out to eat (which isnt all that often.) Im sure you think I must be joking but Im not. They eat this way because thats the way I trained them. Yes thats right. I trained them to eat that way.

When they began to eat whole foods I gave them what I cooked and ate myself. They eat what I eat. My diet is pretty healthy so quite naturally I feed them the same things I eat. If fruits, veggies, grains, and other healthy foods is all they know, thats all they know. If my children decided they didnt want to eat the food I sat in front of them, they didnt get anything else to eat. They had a choice to eat it or eat nothing. 9 times out of 10 they ate what I put before them. Eventually they learned to love healthy foods and even ask for them on their own.

Please keep in mind that your child will NOT starve. Have you noticed that small children eat way less than you think they should and still go on gaining weight and thriving? I know you have asked yourself why they dont eat what you put in front of them but will go on playing for hours and hours without eating. This is normal. So training them to eat the way I did it will not damage your child. They WILL eat and they will eat what you give them if you MAKE them and train them in the way they should go or in this case eat. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment