Friday, January 29, 2010

Eating out is HIGHLY overrated so Sams, here I come!

I have made a pact with myself that we will not be eating out anymore. That's really saying something coming from the Queen of Eating Out herself since I suck at menu planning and I HATE HATE HATE cooking.

What brought about this 180? Earlier this month me and my fam of 5, well 6 if you count the baby but she wasn't eating, were dining at Carrabbas and the bill came up to be $80. 80 frakin dollars. I was thinking to myself, Self, I could have made 4 meals for the price of this 1 bland tasting, them charging mucho dinero and putting nada on the plate meal. So with that my mind was made up. No more eating out. Period. Its just not worth it. I mean whatt do they think I am, stupid? Like the Queen wouldn't notice that they are cutting corners on how they prepare the food so it don't even taste the same all the while they give you a plate the size of a saucer to make it look like they are being generous with the proportions. Riiiiiiight like I'm falling for that one!

Anyway since I'm now resigned to the kitchen I decided to pay Sams a visit and waddaya know, I spent $181 on food that will last us at least 2 weeks. So even though I cannot STAND cooking, I do feel good about saving money and controlling how it tastes and how much food goes on my plate.

3 comments:

  1. I was in enlightened in august when my family of 3. my husband, me(about to have my girl in a week), and my three year old. Our bill was 40 bucks! I abhore cooking. I don't do it well and everyone knows that. but I stuck to learning how to make 10 meals well no more no less. I now can make a great pie crust from scratch and I can make pancakes from scratch with almost not looking at the recipe. YOu can do it. Because of this change, we are almost able to make a gym membership to a great recreation center.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its cheaper to go to super wal mart $181 will feed us for a month

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand what you mean. It is crazy how much it costs to eat out and especially when your little ones, if they are anything like mine use to be, were probably hungry an hour later...lol...I am so much like you when it comes to cooking, grocery shopping...I hate it, but I now try as many crock pot dinners as possible and even have an online crock pot cookbook if you're interested!!

    ReplyDelete