Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Chicken Pot Pie









Well not exactly because instead of using chicken I used turkey necks because it was thawed out already and it had to be cooked.

Season your meat and cook it in a pot of water until done. I added onions to mine.







After this was almost done I added carrots, corn, and string beans to it and let it cook some more.I drained off the veggies and meat and made gravy by putting 3 table spoons of flour into cool water and stirring up and then pouring it into the liquid part remaining from cooking the meat and veggies.
So after the gravy was made, all I did was add it to the veggies/meat to make the filling for the pie.

Most people use store bought crusts for their pies but since I had some crusts that I made myself I used those instead. Here they are still frozen:

After they thawed out I had to roll them out and form the crusts in my pie dish.

I dont know why I shaped the bottom layer. Habit I guess.

Now fill up the pie with the filling and cover with the second pie crust.
I cut slits in the crust so it can vent. I put it in the oven and cooked for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees. The fam loved it!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment